201 Park Avenue, Hummelstown, PA 17036
M.Ed Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, December 2012.
Major: Instructional Technology, concentration in Digital Classroom Technology. GPA: 4.00/4.00
Courses include: Ethics in Instructional Technology, Instructional Design, and
B.S.Ed Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, May 2010,
Summa Cum Laude
Major: Library Science. GPA: 3.95/4.00 cumulative; 4.00/4.00 major.
Courses Include: Micro Based Systems for Libraries, Media and Technology in
Education, Cataloging and Classification, Resources for Children and Young Adults
B.S.Ed Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, transferred May 2008.
Major: Secondary Education, Mathematics
- Library Media Specialist (K-12)
- Middle Level Mathematics (7-9)
- Instructional Technology Specialist (pending)
- Skilled user in educational Web 2.0 tools and open-source software.
- Experience using various eLearning platforms including Moodle, Camtasia, and Adobe Captivate, Desire2Learn, and Blackboard
- Advanced user of Microsoft Suite (both PC and MAC) and iWork Suite.
- Creator of website for the Hummelstown Area Historical Society
- Assisted in the creation of the Pennsylvania Keystone Exam Project Based Assessments for Literature.
- 2011 Pennsylvania School Librarians Association Leadership Award
- Summa Cum Laude
- Dean’s List, continuous
- Academic Achievement Award, Mathematics
Hempfield School District, Rohrerstown Elementary and Centerville Elementary K-6 Librarian (08/12-Present)
- Instruct K-6 students in two buildings (approximately 750 students)
- Review, select, and purchase print and electronic resources for student and staff use
- Administrative maintenance of library collection and records
- Serve on the Elementary Tech Leaders Committee
Independent Contractor, (06/10 –Present)
- Provide technical assistance for the Pennsylvania Department of Education for the Literacy Design Collaborative Grant, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Collaborate with partners such as IDEO and Research for Action to provide input on tools for teachers and students.
- Review teacher submitted module plans to be uploaded to the PA Dept. of Education
- Standards Aligned System (SAS) Portal.
- Review and recommend additional teaching resources to use within instruction in Science, Social Studies, and English Language Arts.
Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 Program Assistant (1/12 – 8/12)
- Assist in the coordination of activities, events, and other requirements supporting the Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy (Keystones to Opportunity) grant. Support the development, maintenance and partner use of online networking communities and electronic document management systems.
- Collect, organize, and display appropriate data as requested for various statistical reports and studies.
- Assist schools in the collection and reporting of student achievement and environment rating data.
- Prepare contracts, invoices, purchase orders, vouchers, and other budget related materials as required.
Palmyra Aquatic Club Coach (1/10-Present)
- Instruct swimmers ages 4-18 in the fundamentals of competitive swimming.
Independent Contractor (11/11 – 1/12)
- Provide technical assistance for the Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy grant (Keystones to Opportunity), a $38.6 million grant awarded to Pennsylvania by the U.S. Department of Education to support literacy instruction Birth – Grade 12.
- Assist in the creation of webinars for all 500 Pennsylvania districts, including charter schools.
- Collaborate with the University of Pittsburgh’s Collaborative for Evaluation and Assessment capacity (CEAC) and SAS EVAAS.
- Co-conduct a comprehensive Literacy Review for grades K-5 in local school district.
Lebanon School District, Lebanon Middle School Librarian (05/10-07/11)
- Teach Informational Literacy course to all sixth grade students.
- Work with content area teachers in the implementation of Regional Literacy Design
- Collaborative Framework, a research and development grant funded by a partnership with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Plan and instruct collaborative lessons in all content areas for grades 6-8.
- Review and purchase print and electronic resources for school use.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- International Society for Technology in Education
- American Library Association
- American Association of School Librarians
- Pennsylvania School Librarians Association, Intellectual Freedom Committee Chair
- Hummelstown Historical Society, Secretary and Webmaster
Barbara A. Smith
Staff and Development Training Specialist, Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 Instructional Services
1020 New Holland Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17601
Curriculum and Instruction Specialist, Lancaster-Lebanon Intermediate Unit 13 Instructional Services
1020 New Holland Avenue
Lancaster, PA 17601
Dr. Cathi Fuhrman
Director of Library Services, Hempfield School District
200 Church Street
Landisville, PA 17601